Help » Training Log Q&A
Please be safe, consult with your
physician before beginning any
new fitness plan.
What is a training log and why would I use one?
The short answer is we believe that recording your fitness journey is a great way to inspire yourself and others to achieve fitness goals.
The longer answer is: training logs can take many forms and serve many purposes. In general people use training logs to record their accomplishments, to track their progress, to hold themselves accountable, or to plan for achieving particular goals.
More advanced users will want to record important statistics about how much training they are doing for different activities, recording details about how they felt during an activity or during the day.
These details can be a useful record for planning for future events or working to assess weaknesses and areas of improvement with your support group, a personal trainer, or a coach.
In the unfortunate event that you have an injury, having a thorough training log can be a great help to you and your doctor in understanding how that injury might have occurred and what can be done to prevent future injuries.
Training Log Features
Here are some of the key features of the Sweat365 Training Log:
- Activity Log: Recording an activity is easy using Sweat365. You can record activity details for running, cycling, swimming, and more. There are different details you may want to record for each activity like speed or pace, distance, elevation gain, and more. To add an activity record to your training log simply go to your home page and choose the “Add an activity to your training logbook” link.
- Daily Info: Day Info allows you to record daily statistics like your weight, sleeping hours, your mood, and the calories you consumed for the day. These statistics can be useful in tracking progress toward fitness goals, or to help verify that you’re not pushing yourself too hard and over training. To add a daily record, simply go to your home page and choose the “Add a daily record to your training logbook.” link.
- Reports and Charts: The logbook includes several tables and charts to show your progress and training effort. These charts include weekly activity by type, weekly miles of running or cycling, pie charts that show amount and percentage of time activity spent on various activities during a time period, and more. You can view various charts and tables by choosing the “View training log reports and charts” link.
- Training Log/Blog Integration: One of the cool features we’ve built in Sweat365 is the automatic generation of logbook entries in your blog. In fact, every time you create a training log entry, we automatically create a blog entry for you. If you want to describe your workout you can type all the details you want in to the “Blog Details” section of your training log entries.If you leave this section blank, we will automatically add a short “logbook stamp” that summarizes your training activity or daily info. If you’ve entered a detailed description and would also like the automatic logbook stamp including in your description, click the logbook stamp icon in the editor’s tool bar.
- Privacy, Discussions, Rich Text, and more: Thanks to our state of the art blogging and training log technology, any of your training log entries can be treated like blog entries. Express yourself and tell the world how you felt about that awesome breakthrough run, that hill climb that never seemed to end, or your new personal record at your favorite local sprint triathlon. You can use graphics, color, fonts, and rich text formatting to get your point across.You can choose to mark them as private so that only your friends can see them, or public so your can share your accomplishments with the world. Others can comment and provide you with encouragement, compliments, or suggestions on how to improve you training and reach your goals.
- More to come: There are many features that we expect people will want from a training log, and we’re just getting started. Our vision is to create a powerful and easy to use log book that allows you to easily record and tell the world about your fitness journey. Please send us feedback by going to our forums and telling us which features you’d like to see us add next.